Friday, February 13, 2009

Close to Home and Close to My Heart

On Tuesday, February 11, several tornadoes struck my home state of Oklahoma. The first round came in the afternoon, ripping through parts of Oklahoma City and nearby Edmond. But the worst twister came down that evening in the small town of Lone Grove. At least people nine people were killed and more suffered serious injuries. Several housing communities were completely destroyed.

I’m so thankful that Feed The Children’s facilities weren’t damaged in these storms because people in our community really need us right now. They’ve lost their homes, businesses or both. We must make sure these people know that someone cares and is willing to lend a helping hand. My heart aches for my friends and neighbors affected by these storms. But I’m also so proud of how we’re pulling together as a community to help one another.

Already, Feed The Children has sent two truckloads of food to the most devastated areas. But much remains to be done. I pray that more caring souls with join with us in this effort to help these storm victims rebuild their lives. To find out how you can help, visit our site.

No comments: